1/2 cup fine bulgar wheat
1/2 small red onion
zest and juice of 2 large lemons
1 garlic clove
1/3 of a cucumber
4 medium tomatoes
1 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch of mint
2 TBSPs olive oil
pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp plus 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Fully submerge the bulgar wheat in boiling water and set aside.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic and combine with half the lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of salt. Allow to marinade for 10mins.
3. Deseed the tomatoes and cucumber and chop into small cubes. Finely chop the the herbs and mix with the tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, remaining lemon juice, zest of one lemon, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Rinse the bulgar wheat and drain well. Add to herb mixture.
5. Rinse the red onion and add to the tabbouleh, adjust the seasoning to taste, mix well and serve.