I think oatmeal and raisin cookies are my favourite, yes even above chocolate chip and these were truly delicious! I used some aquafaba (the brine from a can of chickpeas) as an experiment and I think it made the cookies a little lighter but it can be replaced with a dairy free milk if that makes the recipe easier for you. If you aren't a fan of raisins (whaaaaat?) you can sub them for chopped dates or dried apricots.
Makes 12 cookies
1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup brine from a can of chickpeas
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup raisins
baking tray lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
2. Whip the butter with the coconut sugar for 2-3mins. Add the chickpea brine or milk and continue to whip with the beaters until light in texture and colour.
5. Sift the flour, salt, spices and baking powder into the mixture and mix until the dough just comes together. Add the oats and the raisins and stir through to combine.
6. Shape the dough into 12 balls, place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly press into rounds with a fork. Bake for 10 - 12mins.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.