These crackers are the bomb. No equipment required, oil free, gluten free and easily made nut free. Like I said the bomb!
Makes 24 crackers approx
1 cup pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds or a combination of the two
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup LSA or ground flaxseed
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 TBSP hemp seeds (optional)
1 TBSP dukkah spice (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
2. Start by combining the chia and the water in a small bowl. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients and add in the chia, mix well!
3. Let the mixture stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Briefly re-mix before transferring to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Smooth down the mixture with clean damp hands or a baking spatula. The crackers should be approx. 3mm thick.
4. Cut the mix into 24 or your desired cracker size and then bake the crackers for 30mins. Turn off the oven and allow the crackers to dry out in the cooling oven (1-2hrs).
5. Store in an airtight container.