This is a very easy dish is too easy. Leave out the greens if you're just after a quick and simple way to make tasty tofu or serve them both with brown rice or noodles for a complete meal. The longer you marinade the tofu the more flavourful the dish will be, you will get the best results if have time to make the tofu the night before but if you only have 20mins to make dinner prep the tofu first while you put the rest of the meal together.
for the tofu marinade
1/4 cup white wine
1 TBSP sesame oil
1/4 cup tamari
2 cloves of garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
350g of medium firm tofu
for the tofu coating
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
2 TBSP vegetable oil
for the greens
1 head of broccoli (chopped how you like)
1 cup of green beans (sliced in half longways)
1 TBSP coconut oil
2 cloves garlic (crushed and roughly chopped)
1/2 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
salt to taste
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients and cut the tofu into bite sized cubes, place the marinade and the tofu in a bowl and set a side. If marinading overnight place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
2. Prepare the greens by adding half the coconut oil to a pan on medium heat, add the chopped broccoli, beans and nutmeg and place a lid over the pan to allow the veg to lightly steam. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
3. Place the remaining oil in a separate pan and toast the almonds over medium heat, add the garlic 1 minute before removing the nuts from the heat and salt to taste.
6. Preheat the oven grill to 200C/390F.
5. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the tofu coating, stir well. Remove the cubes of tofu from the marinade and toss through the chickpea flour (6 - 7 pieces at a time) until well coated.
6. Transfer the coated tofu to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle with vegetable oil.
7. Place the tofu under the grill and cook for 20mins, turning every 5mins to ensure the tofu cooks evenly.
8. Remove the lid from the pan of broccoli, turn the heat up slightly and fry until the greens start to brown (3-4mins), stir in the almonds and season to taste.
9. Serve the greens and the tofu with your choice of hot sauce and rice or noodles.