Your classic raw ball recipe spiced up! If you're not partial to the spices listed leave them out or replace with your preference (ground ginger works well with cacao, as will mixed spice or pumpkin spice). No tahini or allergic to sesame? Add an extra half cup of dates.
Makes 12 - 14
1 cup of dates
1 cup of raw nuts of your choice (I used half walnuts, half cashews)
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of raw cacao
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 cup tahini
3 TBSPs of raw cacao to finish
1. Pulse your dates in the food processor until finely chopped. Remove from the processor and set aside.
2. Add the nuts and pumpkin seeds and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs (if you process for too long the mixture will start to turn into a nut butter).
3. Add the cacao, cacao nibs and spices including the vanilla, pulse until well combined.
4. Add the tahini and dates and process until the mixture comes together or is easily shaped.
5. Shape into logs, balls or cubes. Toss your bites with the remaining cacao in a bowl until well coated.
6. Store in an air tight container for up to one week.