for the chocolate
150g of cacao butter
3/4 cup of raw cacao powder sifted
2 TBSPs of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
250g of good quality dairy free dark chocolate
1/2 cup of blackberries fresh or frozen
5 pitted dates finely chopped
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of roasted coconut butter or nut butter of your choice
1 mini muffin tray greased with vegetable oil or 12 silicon mini muffin cups (place in the freezer before beginning the recipe).
If making your own chocolate
1. Melt the cacao butter in a pan on low heat, stir through the sifted cacao powder with a whisk and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
If using store bought chocolate
1. Melt chocolate using the double boiler method.
2. Pour half the chocolate into the bottom of the muffin tray/cups. Return to the freezer to set.
3. Make the jam by adding the dates, blackberries and water to a pot and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer on medium heat, while continuing to stir until the mixture has reduced to a jammy texture. Set aside to cool.
4. Once the jam has fully cooled remelt the remaining half of chocolate.
5. Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer add 1/2 a tsp of the jam and half a tsp of the roasted coconut butter to the middle of the set chocolate, doing your best to avoid the sides of the muffin tray/cups. Pour over the remelted chocolate and place back in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
6. Remove from tray/cups and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.