half a red onion
4 medium tomatoes
1 small bunch of fresh coriander (washed well)
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop the red onion as finely as possible. Place in a bowl and cover with half the lemon juice and half the salt. Set aside for 10mins.
2. Finely dice the tomatoes and the coriander (including the stems), combine in a bowl.
3. Add the remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper to the tomatoes.
4. Place the onions in a fine sieve and rinse, drain well and add to the tomatoes, adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Serve with corn chips or your favourite mexican dish.