This savoury trail mix is packed with super nutrients minus the sneaky sugar you often find in the regularly version. I know it sounds a bit odd but the flavours all work so well together and it's a great way to get a little bit of extra goodness into your day. Definitely consider buying a yeast extract spread that's fortified with B12 if you're plant based and if you can't find wakame flakes you can always pulse some nori in a food processor instead. This mix is great as a snack on its own or sprinkled onto salad and toast toppings.
1 cup of nuts roughly chopped (brazil/walnuts/almonds or a combination)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 TBSP hemp seeds
1 TBSP chia seeds
1 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
3 TBSPs wakame flakes
1/3 cup tahini
2 TBSPs tamari
1-2 tsp vegemite or your choice of yeast extract spread
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1. Pre heat the oven to 160C/320F
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and toast nuts, seeds, coconut, wakame and cacao nibs in the oven until the coconut is golden brown (10mins approx.).
3. Combine the ingredients for the wet mix in a small pot on medium head. Stir with a whisk until mixed.
4. In a bowl stir the vegemite mix into the nut mix.
5. Evenly spread the mix back onto the baking tray and place back into the oven.
6. Cook for another 20mins or until crispy, stir the mixture around the trail occasionally to prevent burning.
Serve as a topping on