For the cookies
1/4 cup wholemeal cake flour
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup black tahini
1 tsp vanilla
For the cream
1/4 tin of organic full fat coconut cream
2 TBSPS date paste or maple syrup
1 TBSP coconut oil melted
1. Place the coconut cream in the freezer before you start and preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
2. Sift the cacao powder with the flour (if using wholemeal just add the bran that's left in the sieve back into the mix), baking powder and salt.
3. Combine the liquid ingredients and gently stir through the dry mix
4. Shape the mixture into 16 balls. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover each ball with a small square of baking paper and flatten using the bottom of a cup.
5. Bake for 10-15mins.
6. Remove the coconut cream from the freezer and scoop out the portion that has solidified.
7. Blend the solidified portion of the coconut cream with coconut oil and date paste or maple syrup until well combined
8. When the cookies have completed cooled, place about a tsp of coconut cream onto half the the cookies and sandwich together with the remaining cookies.