1.5 cups of sprouted chickpeas
1 onion finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic
2 tsp coconut oil
1 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Rinse and thoroughly drain your chickpea sprouts.
2. Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat, grind the pepper directly into the pan and add the other spices. Let the spices gently warm in the pan to release their flavour (1 min approx). Add the onion and fry until translucent.
3. Chuck in the garlic and sprouted chickpeas. Cook until the moisture from the chickpeas has evaporated (10 - 15 mins).
4. Blend the mixture in the food processor while streaming in the olive oil from the top. Process the mixture for 2-3 minutes occasionally scrapping down the sides. You want the texture of the chickpeas to come through, so blend until smooth enough to firmly compact into balls but not as smooth as hummus.
5. Divide the mix into 12 parts and roll into firmly packed balls. Fry the the falafels in 1 tsp of coconut oil until crispy and golden brown.