1 3/4 cups spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 chia egg
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup orange juice
3 large over ripe bananas mashed
1 cup of chopped dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 banana for decoration (optional)
1. Make the chia egg by mixing 3 TBPS water with 1 TBSP chia seeds
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F and grease a loaf tin
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients into a bowl
3. Make a small well in the centre of the dry mix and add the remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined, transfer to loaf tin. Slice a banana in half and press firmly into the top of the loaf middle side up.
4. Bake for 45-60mins (check the loaf by sliding a knife through the middle it will come out clean when it's ready).
Alterations: no spelt flour? Replace with plain or self raising flour just leave out the baking powder if you use self raising. No orange juice? Replace with milk of your choice or even water.